Whether you’re taking your first fitness steps or preparing for a triathlon, the Gateway YWCA Sports and Fitness Complex has what you need.
We offer a multitude of fitness classes, most of which are included with your membership. Browse through the list of classes for kids and adults on the links.
In addition to the fitness classes, we offer many different programs designed to keep you working hard towards a healthy lifestyle. Check out some of our other fitness options.
Check out our Fitness Schedules for a full list of classes to find
one that's just right for you, or try them ALL!
Les Mills Body Attack is here
More Les Mills CX Worx
Combo Body Attack/CXWorx class
New Zumba and Yoga Times (Hint: Sunday afternoon Yoga!!)
Click here to visit the homepage and view/download this month's fitness schedule.
We know you’ll find a fun, healthy, wellness experience at the Gateway!
April 27: Cycling Sunday Funday
A community event to promote fun, safe, family cycling!
Coming October 2014
Zombie Race, Zumbathon and Block Party!
Keep an eye on our website and facebook page for more information!
Silver Sneakers offers an innovative blend of physical activity, healthy lifestyle and
socially oriented programming that allows older adults to take greater control of their
health. Silver Sneakers members receive:
- A free fitness center membership at a nearby participating location with access to conditioning classes, exercise equipment, pool, sauna and other available amenities
- Access to any participating fitness center throughout the U.S. while traveling
- Customized Silver Sneakers classes designed exclusively for older adults who want to improve their strength, flexibility, balance and endurance
- Health education seminars and other events that promote the benefits of a healthy lifestyle
- A specially trained Senior Advisor at the fitness center to introduce you to
- Silver Sneakers and acquaint you with their site
The award-winning* Silver Sneakers Fitness Program is a proven, results-oriented
program that enables older adults, often burdened with chronic conditions, to take
charge of their health and maintain an active, independent lifestyle.
For Silver Sneakers Class descriptions click here.
Click here to visit the homepage and view/download this month's combined Senior event schedule.
*The Silver Sneakers Fitness Program is a winner of the 2004 HAN Award from the Healthcare and Aging Network of the American Society on Aging.
® Silver Sneakers is a registered mark of Healthways, Inc. For more information go
Personal Training with ABS
Our ABS Personal Trainers are the best in Winston-Salem! Each trainer maintains a certification by a nationally accredited association. We take pride in our commitment to staffing the most professional team of trainers.
Meet Mike and check out testimonials and before/after pictures of his clients.
- One hour and half hour sessions for your convenience.
- 1 on 1 Personal Training
- Group Training
- TRX Suspension Training, Kettle Bells, etc.
- Customized Nutrition Plans
- 2011 ABS Best Customer Service - Gateway YWCA
- 100% Money Back Guarantee
- ABS Visual Fitness Planner
For more information on our Personal Trainers and to request a consultation please fill out a Personal Training Request Form. The forms are available at the Front Desk.